Mmmm Chinese Noodles Mmmm
In Australia, we have the best multicultural food from all around the world!
But that’s not the only food that is mouth-watering.
At Bible College last semester, I was eating big mouthfuls of the New Testament.
I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ.
I join with many other Chinese in celebrating Chinese New Year.
- What do you hope for in a new year?
- What new good things would you like to try?
- How would you like to actively change your life?
The Bible passage above was written by Paul to a fellow brother.
Paul was asking this brother to change his attitude towards a friend.
He encouraged this brother to forgive his friend.
Paul hoped his friend would be given a new chance and beginning in life.
What is this “good thing” we have in Jesus?
Followers of Jesus have been given a 2nd chance and a new beginning in life.
Once we were condemned and facing eternal death.
We had no hope and no way of saving ourselves.
But at great cost, God saved us by sending Jesus to die in our place.
God demonstrated great love by giving us a 2nd chance that we did not deserve.
We can never earn salvation or pay God back for this gift.
Can we ever fully understand the enormity of God’s love for us?
How do we respond to God’s love?
- By accepting His gift of love with humility and thanks
- By trusting Jesus to save us and putting our lives in his hands
God’s love is such great news that we want to tell everyone.
By telling others, we are sharing God’s love and light in our dark world.
- What do you hope for in the new year?
- Do you know the love of God?
- Would you like to be given a 2nd chance and new beginning in life?
- How often do you pray for others?
- Can those around you see that you are different to the mainstream world?
- Have you ever shared the source of your hope with others?
- Can others see that this hope is at the centre of your life?
- Have you experienced forgiveness?
How do we actively share?
- By praying for others regularly
- By loving others so that they may ask why we are different to the world
- By telling others the source of our hope
- By showing others that this hope is at the centre of our lives
- By giving others a 2nd chance in life through forgiveness
mmmm Bible mmmm
I do not endorse the advertisement you may see below my blog: