Come for a delicious journey through God’s Word with a hungry Sydney Bible College student!
Do you crave something more filling than yumcha?
If so, read on ….
Colossians 1:15-16 (NIV 1984)
He [Jesus] is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
What is the meaning of life?
Philosophers, comedians and theologians have pondered this question since time began.
Some answers include:
- Love, Family relationships and friendships
- Knowledge, learning and education
- Career success and job satisfaction
- Good food and wine
- Money, possessions, a comfortable home in a good suburb and a fast car
- Good health, the body beautiful, fitness and sport
- Art, architecture, music and entertainment
- Travel and the environment
- Recreation and leisure
- Humour and happiness
Colossians tells us something different and often we miss the last 2 words in verse 16.
Jesus created the universe for himself. This includes all humans – Christian and non-Christian.
We belong to Jesus. He is our “meaning”.
So what does this look like?
Jesus desires to enjoy us in close relationship to him – closer than our family or best friends.
We often look for meaning in the wrong places:
- Family and friends come and go – we mourn when we lose them
- Even with all the knowledge in the world, we can still be lonely
- Redundancy can stunt our career plans and threaten our homes
- Cancer and Diabetes can spoil our appetite for good food and wine
- Money and possessions can be stolen or destroyed in fire
- We are so busy in life and no longer have time for rest and hobbies
- Worries and Depression can make our fun and laughter disappear
Jesus is eternal – he is still there when our world collapses around us
He is our food that satisfies the greatest hunger when we need it most
Enjoy him today!
mmmm Bible mmmm